Sunshine (dedicated to "AL" of BPGHS and "D" of PJC)
Time was
When you came into my life
And set it alight
With the brilliance of your being.
It was you who pulled me out of the darkness,
Lit up the world where i hid in misery,
Showed me how to see the brighter side of life,
And taught me how it is to be loved and to love.
Then you were gone
And with you the sunshine faded out
Thus leaving me with the memories
Of what it was like to be happy.
Now you do not recognize me,
While I see you doing what you always did,
Spreading your sunshine to those in need,
And slowly disappearing from my sight.
Years from now,
I will rediscover this record,
Remember you with the words I read,
And weep afresh for my loss.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home